Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Shocking News

Yesterday, I received some very shocking news. Our property manager, Frank, died Sunday morning. I have known Frank since we moved to our neighborhood, and have gotten to know him better since serving on the Board of Directors. Frank was in his 50s (I would guess). Sure, he had a bit of a belly on him, but he has always had that belly. I have never known him to be sick, and he has always been present at the meetings. I was absolutely shocked to receive the e-mail that he had been in the hospital for a week and subsequently died.

It is always the most shocking when someone dies unexpectedly. It seems so out of the blue that it has been weighing on my mind ever since I found out. As far as I am concerned, there was no warning, no indication that this would happen. I think about the last time I saw him. I had no idea it would be the last time I would ever see him. I wonder when the shock will go away.

No comments: