Saturday, April 21, 2007

Missing Family


I just wrote a note to my cousin in Colorado. I told her how I sometimes wish that life was still like it was years ago. People used to grow up in one town, then live the rest of their lives within 20 miles. Now, my family is spread from Florida to Massachusetts to Colorado. We have Bill's parents within 1 1/2 hours. It is great to see them so often. Everyone else we see (if we are lucky) once a year. Some family, I have not seen in 5+ years. It makes me sad, but with the Internet we at least have instant communication and the ability to send pictures.


Here is a picture of my Aunt Caryl and Uncle Mac with their new granddaughter, Emily. I have not met Emily yet, but I did see Aunt Caryl and Uncle Mac on 12/31/05.

1 comment:

Maggy said...

What a wonderful and adorable photo of your aunt, uncle and their granddaughter.

It is very sad how families drift apart. I wouldn't know how to get in touch with my brother-in-law who has moved. He has not been in touch for a long, long time and never let us know his new address. I have not seen two of my neices for three years and they live 40 minutes away. So, it is not just distances(in miles)that keep families apart.

We celebrated a friend's 57th birthday on Saturday and yesterday (Sunday),his actual birth date, he died. He looked great and felt fine on Sat.,and by the way, he was jogging in his neighborhood when he became unconscious. I am so saddened and upset.

I don't have much family left, but we are fortunate to have close and loving friends.

So, the lesson in this is??? Enjoy each day and do the best that you can, I suppose.