Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Super Fat Tuesday!

If you are lucky enough to be in a state holding their primary today, please go out to vote!! I wish I were voting today, but, alas, my state's primary is not until May. I feel like the candidates will be decided before I even get a chance vote my opinion. I will be watching coverage tonight when I get home to see how things are going. I am quite interested to see who will be the party front runners come tomorrow morning.

If you are a Catholic, get out there and enjoy all of your bad habits. Today is Mardi Gras which means tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. I will never forget the first time my in-laws came over after Ash Wednesday services. I looked at my father-in-law and had a moment of panic. I thought he had fallen and bruised his forehead - thank goodness it was only the ashes!

1 comment:

Tinsie said...

We don't celebrate Mardi Gras over here, but we have Pancake Tuesday instead, which is super yummy :-)