Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Crazy Hockey World

First, there is the freak accident of Richard Zednik getting his throat sliced open my a teammate's skate (he is doing fine after surgery). Then, the Canes announce their big trade. What is the hockey world coming to this week?

I can fully understand trading Mike Commodore. He is a big guy with a great heart, but not the best defenseman we have. But Cory Stillman? Are you crazy Jim Rutherford? Stillman is a great player. He is a goal scorer and a fantastic assist man. He is a great leader and a guy with experience. I do not like this trade. I think it was a mistake to send Stillman off for two relatively unknown Ottawa players. I hope that this decision does not bite us in the butt. I have a feeling we will be watching Stillman and Commodore in the playoffs, and maybe only them.

I hate this time of year! The trade deadline is February 26 at 3:00 pm.

No comments: