Sunday, February 17, 2008

Canes Win Big

I wound up going to the game by myself last night as Bill was not feeling well enough to attend. It was an interesting experience. I just took a book to read during intermissions until they turned the lights low to show the highlights. Maybe I need a flashlight for the next game...

I'm really glad I did go to the game. With all of the recent injuries and the flu going through the team, I was wondering what kind of game we would see. (Thank goodness the gentleman next to me provided a line up card - I would have been lost with all of the new acquisitions and call ups from the minors). The Canes played so well. Each line was able to add to the scoring (although Walker's goal was waived off). The defense played especially well, too. We had a bit of issue in goal, but a goaltender switch saved the game. The resilient (it is the new word in the press) Canes came back from a 4-2 defecit in the third to win the game 5-4 in regulation. It was a hard fought battle and the crowd was certainly into it. It will be interesting to see how the Canes cope in the last 20 games of the season. If they play the remaining 14 home games like they played last night, the crowd will certainly be there to cheer them on. Who knows what might happen come April.

No comments: