Monday, March 05, 2007

Why can't there always be three day weekends?

There never seems to be enough time for the weekends! You seem to need 2 days to clean and do all the little things that never get done over the work week, then one whole day to relax. It would be so nice!

This weekend went by too quickly. Saturday was a day for errands after finally leaving the house at about 2:00 pm. Bill and I had to eat an early dinner since we were going to a performance at 8:00 pm. So, we decide to head to this wonderful Turkish restaurant in Chapel Hill. The food was spectacular. It reaffirmed my love of ethnic cooking. We had a spread made from red peppers and spices, then I enjoyed a layered eggplant dish for my meal. We wound up with 2 desserts because the waitress misunderstood what I had said. We were able to try a traditional dessert of shredded wheat stuffed with cheese and topped with a sweet syrup and pistachios. It sounds strange, but it was good. After diner, we went to a performance of Choreo Collective. My friend, Michelle, is a performer in the group. I enjoyed the two pieces she performed, but, I must admit, I am still trying to figure out some of the other pieces. I had never seen modern dance before, so it made for a new experience.

Sunday was a day of working around the house, working outside of the house, and going to the grocery store. After all that work, Bill made us a great dinner. We had jumbo pasta shells stuffed with ricotta, sausage, and spinach. It was wonderful. After dinner, we watched "The Prestige". It was OK, but I liked "The Illusionist" better. They are both worth checking out if you like magic.

No comments: