Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Great Human Race

Yesterday, Bill and I ran in The Great Human Race. It is a race put on by the Volunteer Center to raise money for all of the great small organizations that do volunteer work around town. The race was a 5k through the Downtown area. Bill did very well, finishing just a few seconds off his time from last year. I also finished, under the 45 minute mark I wanted, but in over a minute past last year's time. I am pretty disappointed since I have been running (although not regularly). I really thought I might do a little bit better (of course, I am also carrying more weight this year) since I felt like I ran more that I did last year.

Oh well, I guess I just need to use this run as a baseline for my future runs, and hope I see improvement. I did participate in my first running class just Thursday, so it is too soon to see improvement. I know I will run the Komen race in June as well as the 4th of July race. Let's just hope I can write a glowing blog about how great my time was on those races...

No comments: