Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I just don't get it

There was a front page article this morning about folks demonstrating yesterday for a same sex marriage ban here in North Carolina. Why do those people feel they have a right to determine what other people do? I really do not understand why people care if someone else marries a person of the same gender. I personally do not think love in any form can be wrong. So what if two women or two men love each other and want to commit to spending their lives together? I think that sort of commitment is wonderful. It should be celebrated regardless of the couple.

Why does our government think they should have a say in who gets married? It had nothing to do with the government, it is a personal choice to get married. Doesn't the government have better things to do such as extracting the U.S. from this horrible war we caused? I just don't get it. Frankly, I hope I never have that closed of a mind that I do get it.

1 comment:

prancer said...

I agree with you one hundred percent.