Monday, May 14, 2007

A Happy Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day full of family. We went to Southern Pines to have brunch (after our morning run, of course) with the whole Morrison clan. The kids had been pretty good on Saturday (well, they did act up at the restaurant during lunch, but we had really eaten late). Matthew is such a cutie, but he is also a smart ass. Not a good thing for a 3 year old. He is so clever - he knows how to get right to the edge, but not go over. Sally will have her hands full.

Anyway, we had a great brunch, then headed back to the Morrison's place for the afternoon. Bill's mom introduced us to a really fun card game that we played all afternoon. We finally left at about 5:30 to head home.

Matthew and Tyler are both so cute. I'm not sure I would have the patience to be with them 24/7, but it is fun to be the aunt. Matthew just wanted to hang out with me all weekend - sitting next to me, being carried, etc. It made me feel very special because I was special in his eyes. I know it is probably because he doesn't see me very often. Still, it is nice to be loved by a 3 year old. I will have to remember these days when he is 16 and completely ignoring me...

No comments: