Saturday, May 05, 2007

For the Dogs

Last night, Bill and I went to the APS (Animal Protection Society) of Durham's Diamonds in the Ruff Gala event. It was the first time that I had ever been to a gala charity event. We went for the silent and live auctions/cocktail party. There were so many auction packages to see and to bid. There were a few different packages I would have liked to bid on, but I actually bid on only 4. we did win one of them-a basket full of gourmet dog treats. It figures that we would go to the event and walk away with a gift for our dog. Sammy has appreciated it so far, so I guess it was worth it. Anyway, I had a nice time, and enjoyed the free bar. I wish there had been more food (we thought heavy hors d'oeuvres would actually be enough for dinner), but we wound up at Carolina Ale House at about 10:30 for food. At least we were dressed very nicely and received 2 compliments!! Anyway, the event was for the dogs and for that reason alone, I was glad to attend.

No comments: