Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lazy Butt

Yesterday, Bill and I were supposed to get up to be at the first Galloway training run by 7:00 am. Bill signed up for the group to train for his upcoming half marathon, and I am considering joining the group as well. They are very kind, and said that folks were welcome to the first few runs before they had to decide if they wanted to join the group. Well, Bill is still injured so he can't run. He said he would go with me and walk if I wanted to go. I decided to to sleep in, and I had regretted it ever since.

Sure, it was nice to have the extra sleep, but I felt like I was rushed all day long. I felt like I didn't have any time to get anything accomplished, and everything took a long time. I never even exercised. I should have gotten up, ran my 3 miles, and been home around 8:30. I would have had time to relax, then get to work on the things that needed to get done.

Bill and I both got up at about 7:15 this morning. He went on a 25 mile bike ride, and I ran 4 miles. We have both felt good all day long, and got a few things done before heading out to spend Mother's Day with his parents.

Next time we have a Saturday run we can do, we are going to get up to do it.

No comments: