Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Other Life

I believe in past lives. It seems hard to believe that there are an unlimited number of souls to inhabit all of the people who have ever walked the Earth. Some people may think I am a kook, some people may agree with me.

I feel like I was a hippie in my most recent past life. I don't know why I feel that way, it has just always been this thing I have thought. I feel like I was a woman, and for some weird reason, I feel like I was blond. I think I was a drug addict who met her unfortunate end due to a heroin overdose. I think I died in the late 60s, but since I started my current life in 1971, perhaps it was later. I don't really remember anything, it's just more like a feeling that it fits.

I think it may be the reason that I have never touched drugs, or even a cigarette, in this lifetime. It is like I know I would not be able to handle it, so I have never put myself in a position to try it. Yet, I do think there were some good things about my past life. Maybe being a hippie has lead me to be a more tolerant, more liberal person in this life. I almost think I would like to be a hippie again. Just this time I would do it without the drugs and with better shoes.

2 comments:

Tinsie said...

That's a weird (but interesting) feeling to have. Not just because you think you had a past life, but also because you are so specific about what it was :-)

I wonder if you'll ever know for sure.

Maggy said...

Very interesting. I think you should expound upon this theory, write a short story, and submit it to one of the magazines that publishes these stories.