Thursday, January 24, 2008

I know it's 2 days later, but HEATH LEDGER is dead!

Wow, what shocking news to hear on Tuesday. I enjoyed his work as an actor. His movie, 10 Things I Hate About You, is a favorite of mine. I think the saddest part is that he was such a young man, only 28 years old. It is not surprising when a 75 man dies, but it is always sad when someone so young passes too early. Even sadder still is that he has a 2 year old daughter. She will have only vague memories of her father, but at least she will be able to see him on film. It's a nice legacy to have.

I wonder how he died and how the next few weeks will play out. The media sure seems to be suggesting that it was drug related. I always wonder when people die unexpectedly or in a freak accident, do they look down from Heaven in shock? I wonder if the new spirits think "I can't believe I am actually dead." Death is a scary and strange thing for me. I have always wondered about it and feared it. I hope I don't find out about it for many years.

1 comment:

Tinsie said...

Well, I reckon if it's drug related, you don't have time to worry about it until after you've passed, so in that respect it's an "easy" death IYSWIM.

Shocking all the same, though, and very very sad as he was such a talented young man and promising actor :-(