Thursday, January 03, 2008

Dawgs + Sugar=Happy New Year!


Well, I certainly hope you picked the Georgia Bulldogs to win the Sugar Bowl on January 1. I had great faith in the guys, but was even surprised by the 41-10 victory. As we watched the pre-game show, I was actually touched by the Hawaii players. They have such heart and tradition, and I was very impressed with their head coach. I felt so bad that their 12-0 season was going to end with a loss. I just didn't expect them to get stomped so badly. Poor Colt Brennan, darling of college football, got his butt handed to him. He was such a great leader and had such a good season all to see it end with 8 sacks and a very confused look on his face. Guess that's what happens when you go from WAC to SEC.

The Dawgs looked fantastic. With the team losing only a few seniors this season, they are poised to be incredible next season. They will continue to have quarterback Matthew Stafford and sensation running back Knowshon Marino. I predict great things for this team. Under Coach Richt, they have done so much. I foresee a National Championship in their near future. I know Mark Richt will lead the Dawgs there.

1 comment:

Lesley Looper said...

Congrats to the Dawgs on their bowl victory. I watched part of the game on TV and was impressed by how strong they looked.