Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving is gone

Boy, this holiday weekend went by quickly!! Here is a recap:

Thanksgiving Day: Bill and I ran in the Gallop and Gorge 8K race in the morning. I thought I was going to die for a while during the race. My legs felt like lead in the beginning, then I got so hot! It was in the mid to upper 70s on Thanksgiving Day and I was dressed for winter jogging. I pushed through and really ran as fast as I could in the last 3/4 mile. I finished at about 1:08, and I wanted to finish 1:10. Bill ran it in about 45 minutes. I think we were both pleased.

We headed home to start cooking, and Bill's parents came over. We had the traditional turkey dinner with all the fixings. It was really good. We were pleased how well everything came out and it was all delicious. We watched Evan Almighty after dinner (it was better than I expected - we all enjoyed it).

Black Friday: We got up early to see Bill's parents off. I did not wake up at 2:00 am to head to the stores. I didn't even head to the mall until about 2:30 pm. I only went for about 2 hours. I was unimpressed with the so called sales. I bought something for Bill (but not for Christmas - it was for immediate use) and a sweater for myself. I was rather disappointed.

I had tickets to the hockey game, so Heather and I went to the game while Terry and Bill hung out. It was a great game. The Canes looked good in the first period and went into intermission with a 1-1 tie. They looked horrible in the second with only 3 shots on goal. The score was 3-1 Tampa by the second intermission. To their credit, the Canes came back in the 3rd period and got the crowd behind them. They pulled out the come from behind victory with a nice 4-3 win. We met the guys for drinks after the game.

Saturday: Bill wasn't feeling well, so we had a very lazy day. We took Sammy for a walk, but that was about it. The Dawgs beat GA Tech!!!

Sunday: I went to Pottery Barn for a free class on holiday decorating. It was a great class, and inspired me to do our decorating. I did shop for a little while (I got one present and a new holiday dress for myself), then headed home. Bill and I decorated the whole house and put up the tree. He was wonderful helping me with the decorations. It was fun to trim the tree with someone.

Next thing we knew, the long weekend was history. I don't know how it goes by so quickly. I hope that you had as wonderful a weekend was we had and that your Thanksgiving was wonderful, too.


Tinsie said...

Sometimes the longer the weekend, the shorter it feels. Either way, it sounds like you had a great time :-)

WufPirate said...

I did/will do my best to avoid any kind of "sales" on "Black Friday". As a matter of fact, if you see me in a shopping mall you just may be on hallucinogens.

Lesley said...

Congrats on the solid finish on the 8K! WTG!

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a busy holiday weekend. Hope this one is more relaxed for you.

racephan™ said...

I pushed through and really ran as fast as I could in the last 3/4 mile.

That's what I am talking about - nice job! Not only did that push allow you to finish within your goal - you cut 2 minutes off of it.