Monday, February 26, 2007

Oh, Oscar!!


Last night was one of my favorite nights of the year - Oscar Night. Yes, I watched the entire, nearly 4 hours, show. I am very tired today. I think the main reason I love to Oscars so much is that I love to see the gowns. My personal favorites of the 2007 Oscars - Cate Blanchett, Reese Witherspoon, Helen Mirren, and Leonardo DiCaprio. Worst dresses - the magnificent Meryl Streep. Sadly, she did not channel Miranda from "The Devil Wears Prada." It looked more like she dressed for "Kramer vs. Kramer." Thank goodness she is a brilliant actress!

Cate was gorgeous in an Armani Prive gown in gray. Reese was stunning in a blue strapless Nina Ricci. If only I have an event (and a body) that I could dress up in a gorgeous gown!

I though the show overall was pretty good. Ellen was a great host - funny, but not over the top. I thought the speeches were good, particularly Forrest Whittaker's moving monologue about achieving dreams. And Martin Scorsese! I was so glad to see him win and to see "The Departed" take home the big award (Diane Keaton looked fab giving out the Best Picture Award). I liked the surprises, too. I still can't believe Alan Arkin won, "Pan's Labyrinth" did not, and Melissa Etheridge beat out the Dreamgirls. Course, I was glad to see Melissa take the statue.

So, tonight I will watch "Fashion Police" on E! to see all the gorgeous people once again and hear the great trash talk from Debbie, Mr. Jay, and Miss Jay! I can't wait!

No comments: