Thursday, February 26, 2009

20 Years Later

This summer marks my 20 year reunion from high school. It is so hard to believe that it has been 20 years already, yet not hard to believe at all. It is such a strange feeling. I feel so distanced from those days. I even have a hard time coming up with memories.

Through networking sites like Facebook, I have already reached out to many old friends from high school. It has been great getting back in touch with folks, seeing what they look like now, and hearing how their lives have turned out. At the same time, it is so strange to be hearing from these people again. What do I have in common with any of them? Nothing , really, except the fact that we all lived in the same place at one point in time. It makes me wonder if I should even go to the reunions. Will it be fun or will it be uncomfortable?

Luckily, I have until at least August to think about it. The funny thing is that hubby's 20th college reunion will be in November. I am looking forward to that more that I am my own. I know his friends will be fun, and I know I will have a good time.

No comments: