Friday, August 08, 2008

The Weekend Ahead

Boy, oh, boy, do we have a busy weekend ahead!

Tomorrow morning, I will be running my longest distance ever - 16 miles! I am nervous, but I have been training for this day. I think I will be just fine. I learned a lot last week after suffering from heat exhaustion. I got a little light headed and stopped sweating right after 10 miles last weekend. I will be better prepared tomorrow. I have been hydrating for the past 2 days, and I will be filling my water bottles at every stop tomorrow morning. Bill is also running. He expects to do 10-12 miles.

After the run, Bill may go to a car show. I will likely stay home. If I can move, I should really clean our house because it has been a long time since it has been done. I have not been carrying my weight at home and I need to get some stuff done.

At 4pm, we take the pups to their training class. After class we need to go pick up the packet for Bill's race on Sunday. He is running less mileage Saturday to conserve energy for a triathlon. He will be participating the the UNC Super Sprint for the second year in a row.

So, after Bill's triumphant race on Sunday, we may go to Raleigh to enjoy the beer knurd brunch at The Flying Saucer. We have not been there for a few weeks, and we thought it would be a fun way to get the girls out to socialize. There is a nice deck at The Sauce, and dogs are frequent guests there.

Sunday night we have the concert - Journey, Heart, and Cheap Trick. It should be a great night of music.

So much to do in just 2 short days. Not to worry, we should be able to sleep on the 17th!!

No comments: