Sunday, July 06, 2008

Tough Stuff

Yesterday was my nephew Michael's memorial service. I don't know what I was expecting, but as soon as I saw the alter with his things and the flowers, I completely lost it. I pretty much cried through the first half of the ceremony. It is strange how much you can miss someone you never even knew. There is one really good picture of him with his eyes open, looking right at the camera. That is the picture they used for the service and on the program. I see that picture, and it makes me think of what could have been. I guess someone else had other plans.

The nice thing was that there was probably about 150 people at the service. That out pouring of love and support meant a lot to me, so I know it really touched Sally and Robert. It was amazing to see everyone come together for one little boy. If anything, it makes a difficult time a little easier to bear.

No comments: