1. Today is the 10th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. Hard to believe it has been 10 years already. I remember the day she died. I was shocked to hear she had died. I knew she had been in a car accident, but that she was actually dead was so unbelievable. I went to London about a month after her death. People were still leaving flowers at Kensington Palace. She was such an amazing woman, but I don't really know what made her so. I guess just surviving being a member of the royal family. I remember waking at about 3:00 am California time to watch her marry Prince Charles. My mom and I watched the whole thing live on TV. It was like watching a fairy tale come true, then years later, seeing that fairy tales are fiction.
2. Leona Helmsley left $12 million dollars to her dog. I'm not saying that the pooch doesn't deserved to be taken care of for the rest of its life. I'm just saying that I would have happily been her companion (heck, I would have licked her face) for $12 million.
3. I just heard Britney Spears' comeback single on Perez Hilton. It is definitely club music. Not bad, but very heavy techno. It makes me wonder what her voice really sounds like. I probably don't want to know. My favorite comment was "No amount of synthesizers can hide the crazy." Priceless.
4. It is almost Labor Day weekend. We have no plans, and that it fine by me. I have 3 movies from Netflix and beer in the fridge. I really need to clean the house, so I hope to at least get that done. We will probably watch the Dawgs play tomorrow, too. Go DAWGS!!
5. Ten wrestlers have been suspended from the WWE due to possible steriod use. I am shocked and appalled - only 10?
6. Last night, I found out that, if an effort to scare away the cat next door, my dog has ripped a hole in the mattress in our guest room. She has jumped and clawed the corner so badly that the edge has ripped open and foam is coming out. I wanted to kill her. Bright side - I guess I get to re do the guest room. Can you say new mattress and bedspread? Maybe they will match the new curtains I need to get for the dining room. It's lucky I love that dog so much.