Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Oh Blessed Sleep!

After having a hard time sleeping Sunday night/Monday morning, I was pretty tired last night. I fell asleep rather early and went right into a deep sleep. A deep sleep until about 4 a.m. I was awakened with cramps. Yes, cramps - that lovely monthly reminder that I am indeed a woman. I had to get up and take 3 Motrin. About a half an hour later, I was finally able to rest again.

The alarm woke me at 6:05 for my morning run. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy about it. I left the house at about 6:40 for my 3 mile run. It was one of those runs where nothing is quite right. Your legs feel heavy, your mind cannot quiet, and your rhythm is not working. It feels as if a chain is coming out of your back and pulling you backwards for every step you move forward. I made it to almost 1.5 miles, and needed a break. I walked a few minutes, then continued to run the rest of the distance. It was a tough run, but I did it. I ran 11 miles last week, and I hope to repeat it this week. I had better get a good night's sleep tomorrow!

No comments: