Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's Your Name?

My husband and I are both bad at names. For me, it takes at least 3 times to get a name correct. As soon as you say your name, it goes right out of my head. Sometimes, we don't know people's actual names, so we make up names for them.

There is a young woman who runs in our neighborhood every morning. We don't know her name, but we know we will see her if we are out walking the dogs any time before 7:00 am. We call her little blond girl because she is petite and wears a blond ponytail. So, if either of us mention little blond girl, we know who the other is talking about.

We had all of these names when we were regulars in the gym...Loud sweaty guy, Cell Phone Boy, Girl with the Nice Butt, and so many more. I wonder what people would call me...

No comments: