Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Visit to the Emergency Vet

Last night was a first for Bill and me. We took our bigger dog, Misty, to the emergency vet last night at about 11:30pm.

We noticed that Misty's right eye looked a little strange earlier in the evening. It seemed a little bit puffy, but it didn't look bad. We started to watch a movie. Later, we paused the movie so I could go to the bathroom, and Bill could see Misty's eye was far worse in just a few short hours. There was quite a bit of red in it. We checked online with our normal vet office and a few other vet offices in the area. All suggested the same emergency vet clinic. We called them and they suggested we bring in Misty right away.

Luckily, the office was about 10 minutes from our home. We were also the only ones in the waiting room when we arrived. It turns out that Misty has a small ulcer on her eye from a trauma (we think Lily either got her with a claw or a tooth), but that she should be fine with a topical ointment and some pills.

The staff could not have been better with her. They were very soothing and made us feel very safe having Misty in their care. She may be canine, but Misty is our baby. We love her and Lily so much, and would be so upset if anything happened to either of them. It is good to know there is great around the clock care so close by, even if we hope to never have to go there again.

No comments: