Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

There is this thing going around Facebook right now where you write 25 random things about yourself, then send it to 25 friends. I have really enjoyed reading about my friends. Here is what I had to say about myself:


1. I don't think I have ever fully grieved my mother's death. I prefer denial to dealing with painful things.
2. I am a complete chicken. I hate confrontation and will do anything to run from it.
3. I love to shop and read about fashion, but I don't think I am fashionable.
4. I finished my third half marathon two weeks ago. I never thought I would be able to do such a thing.
5. I don't like talking on the phone. I much prefer e-mail and Facebook because I can think about what I want to say and type it out. I am afraid I will be an idiot and say something stupid on the phone.
6. It should be obvious by now that I have lots of problems with self esteem and self confidence.
7. I love to read, but I don't always enjoy my book club. I prefer to read what I want to read.
8. I am a fairly liberal Democrat. I believe that women should be able to chose what is right for their bodies and that any two people who love each other should have the right to get married.
9. I have lived in Pennsylvania, California, South Carolina, Georgia, and North Carolina.
10. I really like beer and will get a plate on the wall of our local bar next Wednesday night for drinking 200 different beers.
11. I spent the summer of 1992 in Europe. I was studying in Innsbruck, Austria, but also travelled to Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Czechoslovakia.
12. I do have a "Bucket List". I knocked a few items off the list in 2008, but wonder if I will ever get a tattoo or jump from an airplane.
13. My best job to date was working for Midway Airlines.
14. I am going to try to be more active in community service in 2009. I want to make a difference, even if I'm not really sure how to do it.
15. I can't believe my 20th high school reunion is this year.
16. I adore my two dogs, Misty and Lily.
17. My husband inspires me to be a better person.
18. My favorite time of year is the fall.
19. I would love to live in a big city like Chicago, San Francisco, or New York City.
20. I usually drive without the radio on. Some people think that is weird.
21. I don't feel like an adult.
22. I took a skills assessment a few years ago to find out what my perfect job would be. I was pretty upset to find out I should be an accountant.
23. I think the best vacation I have ever taken was a Caribbean cruise with my husband in 2003.
24. I wanted to play the drums ever since elementary school, but my mom thought it would be too loud.
25. I believe in the goodness of people. I think people are born good, but circumstance can change it.

No comments: