Thursday, October 09, 2008

Running and Yoga

Bill and I started taking a yoga class to supplement our running program. So far, it has been a great addition to our regimen.

We started taking a class at Carrboro Yoga Company that is called Yoga for Athletes. It is a special class geared toward people who are runners and triathletes. The instructor is a triathlete herself, Sage Rountree. She teaches lots of poses that open the hips and lengthen the hamstrings. I have added her blog to my favorites list, so go check out the Sage Endurance blog.

4 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Sounds like a great class to take! Glad it's helping. :)

Maggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggy said...

That was me who deleted after noticing my typographical error. Here goes again: I think this class sounds like fun. I feel stretching and full breathing are important and have learned more about this recently. I take a stretch class once a week and hope to do more. "It's a good thing"!! Enjoy.