Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh, motivation, where art thou?

I have had some problems with motivation lately. I have not been able to wake up on Thursday mornings for my runs. I don't know if it is the fall weather, the darkness, or the lack of sleep, but I have failed to run for two weeks in a row. I have maintained my running on other days, but Thursday has been blown off.

I have also had problems getting to work in the morning. I don't want to be at work, so I am constantly about 5 to 10 minutes late. Luckily, my employer is not a clock watcher. As long as I am getting my work done, they don't hassle me for the time. Thank goodness!

Well, I better find that motivation again soon. I am doing my second half marathon on November 2. Worse than that, I am doing my first triathlon on Sunday. Yes, Sunday, as in 2 days from now!! Guess when I did my first swim to prepare for the race? Last night. I guess I have at least some motivation...humiliation is great motivation.

3 comments:

Maggy said...

Very best of luck to you in the triathlon! Am looking forward to more details about it.

Fall is an inspiring time. Go get em!

Lesley Looper said...

Holy cow, a TRIATHALON!!??!! That's GREAT!!! Hope you'll post a report later--I'd love to hear about it!

I am impressed. :)

Tinsie said...

Well, if you happen to find mine while looking for yours, can you please send it back? It's been very naughty for escaping like that!