Thursday, September 25, 2008

Quote of the Day

I received an e-mail this morning with the following quote:

You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it. Charles Buxton
Boy, this quote really hit home for me. I constantly feel like I have no time to do what I want to do. I feel like I have all my time already scheduled for me. Of course, it is of my own making. I have joined groups and clubs because I wanted to be in them, then I complain that they take up too much time.
An example - tonight I should really go home and either start pricing my items for Bargain Sale or start reading my book for book club. Both events are next week and I need to get these things done. What will I probably do? Sit and watch TV because I am tired and I don't want to do those other things. Then, I will get upset because I don't have time to get anything done. What I need to do is take about a half an hour to get my stuff together for Bargain Sale so I can see what else needs to get done over the weekend. Then I can relax for a bit before I sit down to read my book.
Things might get done if I make the time. Thanks, Charles!!

1 comment:

Tinsie said...

I'm just like you and this quote is soooo true. I think I might have to print it out on pieces of paper and stick them round the house as reminders...