Sunday, September 21, 2008

Got My Canes Tickets This Week


My mini season tickets arrived from the Carolina Hurricanes this week. Since Bill will not be attending the games with me this year, I opted for the weeknight package. I will be going to 12 games from October to April. I have some pretty good match-ups, too. I see Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, The angers, and Ottawa just to name a few.


Of course, the excitement of getting the tickets was tempered by the news that one of the top forwards and one of my favorite players, Justin Williams, Will be out 4-6 months for a torn Achilles tendon. This news is doubly horrible since he was just coming back from being out most of last season. I really hope this situation is not an indication of how the Canes season will be this year.


The only good news is that former Cane and one of my all time favorite players, Jeff O'Neill, returned to Raleigh for training camp. With Williams not out, there is a chance that "O" could be back with the team if he has a good camp. Gosh, it would be great to see #92 on the ice again.

No comments: