Friday, June 06, 2008

So Slammed!!

Sorry it has been so long!

I have been so busy, I have not been able to write.

1. Work - my supervisor accepted a new internal position, so my colleague, Rebecca, and I have been trying to split her workload and learn all of our new duties. In addition to that, it is month end closing and we have a huge IT integration underway that is affecting our computer systems.

2. - The Flying Saucer - Bill did earn his plate and we had a party on Wednesday. His plate looked good, and we got a $100.00 tab to share with our friends. We didn't spend it all, and it surprised our waitress. She said usually no one had problems blowing $100.00!!

3. Tonight - We are going to The Saucer again tonight for Jon and Michelle's pre-wedding party. It will be fun to share the last night of their singledom with them.

4. Tomorrow - We have a Galloway run tomorrow morning at 7:00 am. We are supposed to run 8 miles. It has been near 100 degrees every day since Tuesday this week (I know because we went to a minor league baseball game last night - it was 101 at 7:00 pm). It will be tough. At 4:00 pm, we have the wedding. The wedding is supposed to be outside. I hope I do not sweat through my silk dress.

5. Sunday - We have brunch with Jon and Michelle, then heading to Southern Pines. Bill's dad is back from his hospital/physical therapy rehab stay, so it will be great to see him at home.

6. Samantha - Sammy had her teeth cleaned and toenails clipped this week. She also had a spot removed from her leg. She is doing well, but has been a little bit dopey on meds.

7. Detroit won the Stanley Cup. Very disappointing. I thought perhaps Pittsburgh had a chance after Game 5. Oh well.

8. Wesley retired from the Canes (yeah!), but it looks like Hedican is going, too (boo!), Darn Kristi for winning DWTS!! They are moving to California.

OK, I have to get back to work. I have a lot to do before I get out of here tonight.

Have a great weekend (and watch out for the heat!!)

No comments: