Sunday, June 15, 2008

216.54

That is the number of miles that I have run so far this year. Hard to believe, isn't it? It sure is for me.

Yesterday was my longest run ever. My Galloway group did 10.78 miles. We ran with an interval of 1/1 (1 minute running/1 minute walking) with a target pace of 13 minute miles. It was a long, but nice run. I had worn blisters in my feet by the time we finished, but I felt good. A girl and I had to break rank (the group is very big on staying together, but I had an appointment. My new friend, Frankie, was up for running to the end, so we went on our own). My legs were a bit sore later, but I found tequila and Motrin work well to ease the pain. I was a little stiff this morning, but have gotten better as the day rolls on.

I am so glad that I joined this program. Fifteen months ago, I could barely run .5 miles without stopping. I couldn't breathe, and my pace was pretty bad. Look how far I have come now! I actually look forward to these weekend runs, and am planning how I will keep up with the program while I am on vacation. People have even told me I look like I have lost weight. If there is such a thing as a running nerd, I think I am one.

No comments: