Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Is It Me?

Do you ever have something happen where you just have to shake your head and wonder if crazy thing only happen to you?

I had the weirdest thing happen yesterday morning. Tuesdays are recycling pick-up days in our neighborhood. We happen to have 2 recycling bins - one that came with the house and one that we got when Bill's old office closed. We never put out 2 bins though. We can usually fits all our stuff in one bin. Well, I put out both bins Monday night. Bill asked me if we were supposed to have two bins, but since they were both full, I put them out.

So, the morning rolls around and the truck comes by to pick up the recycling. I was going to go out and get the empty bins, but the truck was still there. I waited a few minutes, but they never left. I decided to just go ahead and get ready for work. After my shower, I heard noises outside. The truck was still there!! At this point, I was beginning to wonder if the collectors called the recycling police. "House with two recycling bins - get the police here fast!"

I decided just to wait it out - I didn't have to leave for work yet anyway. As I waited, I began to fear far worse things. What if a serial killer was prowling the neighborhood last night and decided to drop body parts in our bin? What if the collectors were supposed to stay and watch the house until the police arrived? OK, I was reaching. I figured that if body parts were found in a recycling bin, it would take less than 40 minutes for the police to arrive. So, I had to go ask what was going on.

It turns out that the truck had broken down. Yes, it was stalled at the end of my driveway! I am pretty darn sure that I was the only person on the street still at home who needed to go to work. Why did it have to break down so that it blocked my driveway? I had to call work to let them know I would be late. I was having a hard time believing my excuse for being late even as I saw the truck blocking my driveway. It sounds so far fetched! That's when I began to shake my head and wonder if these things only happen to me.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

No, if it's weird and far fetched it happens to me as well. I huess you could have taken a pic of the truck blocking your driveway if work needed proof, lol!

prancer said...

I am sure we've all had crazy things happen to us. I guess you should be relieved they didn't find any body parts like your imagination thought might be the reason for them not moving on to the next recycling bin.