Thursday, November 16, 2006

Whoever invented E-Bay is a freakin genius

I love E-bay! Where else can you go and bid on anything you want to buy? You can find anything your little heart desires and then enjoy the competition of bidding on it. It is a competition. I bid on something the other day. I entered what I determines that I wanted to spend for the piece (including shipping) as my maximum bid. When I was outbid later, I entered an even higher bid because I DID NOT WANT TO LOSE!! I did not want the product for that price, but at the same time, I did not want cmdv93 to get it either. In the end, I was outbid, so I did not get the product nor did I pay more than I wanted. I guess sometimes it does work out the way it should.

Of course, there have been those times when I lost the product in the last seconds and wanted to throw my computer across the room in a bit of rage. I stayed up one night until midnight to see my "winning" bid on a pair of bookends. As I refreshed the page to the last seconds, I saw my bid lose with about 2 seconds remaining. As hard as I tried, I could not get another bid in before time expired. I couldn't sleep - I was so mad that I have not put in a higher bid to cover myself. I wound up painting and embellishing a pair of bookends I already owned, but it's just not the same as the one that got away...

No comments: