Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day 2006

I can't believe it, but I wholeheartedly agree with Bush:

We live in a free society and our government is only as good as the willingness of our people to participate," Bush said, his wife, Laura, at his side and an "I voted" sticker on the lapel of his brown suede jacket.
"Therefore, no matter what your party affiliation or if you don't have a party affiliation, do your duty, cast your ballot and let your voice be heard." (courtesy of cnn.com)

In this day and age, it seems even more important to cast a vote. With all that is happening in this world, our elected officials take on more and more decision making power. It is important that you have the right people representing your interests.

I am so thankful to live in this great country and to enjoy this right. I voted this morning before heading to work even with the rain. I hope that my fellow voters feel the same way and will exercise their rights today!

No comments: