Monday, November 20, 2006

I love beer

Beer is the best drink. Bill and I have recently started to be beer aficionados. I bought him a Mr. Beer Kit ( http://www.mrbeer.com) kit for his birthday and we have started to brew our own stuff. We have done an IPA that turned out very well. Then, Bill got creative. We brewed a cherry wheat beer that is absolutely wonderful, and this past weekend, we made a raspberry porter. I don't generally like porters, but I can't wait for that batch to be done.

In addition to homebrewing, I love to drink beer out. This past weekend, we went to The Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com) with our fellow beer lovers, Michelle and Jon. "The Sauce" as we affectionately call it offers 200 beers on tap and in the bottle for those of us who love the drink. There is no better way to spend a Saturday night than to tailgate, watch the Carolina Hurricanes win hockey, and drink beer with friends. Of course, I should have stopped before that last Blue Moon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy beer!!!!