Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I just signed up for my first marathon

Oh my goodness!! I just signed up for my first marathon. It will be the Philadelphia Marathon on November 22, 2009. I am excited, nervous, and feeling a little insane right now.

I have been thinking that I should try to run one marathon in my lifetime. I really like the half marathon distance. It is a challenging distance, but it is not too difficult to complete and recover. I am very tired when I complete one, but it is a good tired. I often wonder after I finish 13.1 miles if I could go that distance again. I guess I will find out.

I think this race will be a good fit. I was born just outside of Philly, so it is a town that I love. The run will take up past trendy shopping areas, historic buildings, and the river. It should be a nice route. It is also very late in the season, so it will give me the most time to train. I am sure with the Galloway program, I will be ready for the run. I will have actually already ran 26 miles in training before I get to Philly, so I will know what I am getting ready to do.

Oh my, oh my. I can't believe I am really going to do it!

1 comment:

Lesley Looper said...

Oh, Susan, you're going to do GREAT! You'll be ready, no doubt. Galloway training, nearly-home turf route. Yep, yep, you're gonna do it and finish strong!