Thursday, April 30, 2009

Canes Win Series and Make History

So, I know this is a little dated, but the Carolina Hurricanes beat New Jersey Tuesday night to win the first round of Th Stanley Cup Playoffs. They accomplished this goal in historic fashion. They came from behind to win, and scored two goals with less than two minutes remaining in the game, the latest a team has ever come from behind to win a Game 7. The winning goal came with 31.7 seconds left in the game.

I don't know this information from watching the actual game. I was too chicken to watch. I went to Game 3 of the series (the Canes lost in OT), and it just tore up my tummy. I know, I'm weak. So, I didn't watch games 6 or 7 of this series - two must win games. It worked out. It seems that if I expect them to lose, they win. Usually, they do win in spectacular fashion. They won the Eastern Conference Championship in 2006 after I turned off the TV convinced the whole thing was over. Maybe I need to stop watching any deciding games...

I did watch the highlights of the game yesterday on the Internet. I was shaking by the end of the highlight show, I knew what was going to happen, but the spectacular saves and the amazing goals still got to me. Imagine if I had been watching the thing live!!

No comments: