Wednesday, December 31, 2008

And then we came to the end of 2008

So, 2008 is hours from being over. I can say that I'm not that sad to see it go. Yes, there were some great accomplishments this year (see yesterday's post - I did finish 200 beers last night), but there were also some very difficult times. We lost loved ones (Samantha and Baby Michael) and we lost a job. The economy took a turn for the worse, and health failed for some people we love. Tonight, it ends and we celebrate the new year with our good friends. 2009 is a new beginning, a new year to accomplish more and to have happier times.

I have to say it is off to a good start. My husband accepted a job offer this morning!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Congrats on the new job! Great way to end the year!

Happy New Year, Susan!

Tinsie said...

2008 has been a difficult year for many people and the world as a whole. Over here, everyone's wishing each other a better year - a very appropriate wish in the circumstances!

Congrats on the new job. I hope things start looking up all round really soon.