Monday, April 21, 2008

What a Weekend!!

We had a packed two days this past weekend.

Bill and I went to the APS of Durham's annual gala event on Saturday night. The event was held at The Washington Duke Inn in one of their lovely ballrooms. There were tons of silent auction items (Bill bid on a pack of gift certificates for a local go kart racing place and won! I will have to practice my driving) and even a few live auction items. We saw a friend there and I ran into one of my old neighbors from the townhouse. It was so good to see her and to catch up on neighborhood events. We drank, ate a nice dinner, and did good for the animals. Who could ask for more?

On Sunday,we went to visit Bill's dad who is in rehab (he is recovering from a bout of pneumonia and fluids on his lungs - he is not a drug or alcohol addict). We visited with him for about two hours, then saw Bill's mom as well when she came to visit. We had to head home pretty quickly because we had tickets too see Spamalot.

Spamalot is a musical loosely based on the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It had all the best parts of the movie (the Black Knight, the migrating coconuts, the Knights who say "Ni", the killer rabbit, "fetche la vache") mixed with great songs and new characters. I really enjoyed myself and laughed quite a bit. I would highly recommend it.

We also managed to watch a movie (The Wedding Singer which I had not seen), drink a few beers at The Sauce before the show, and go to the grocery store. Bill rode 41 miles on his bike (yes, 41 MILES!) while I went shopping (got 2 great skirts, new jammies, earrings, and a top) and had my haircut. I also managed to work on the newsletter a little bit, and catch up with my dad and dear friends Devi.

WOW - I can't believe we got all that done in TWO DAYS!!

1 comment:

Maggy said...

What a busy and fun weekend. You see, much better than the last one!