Friday, April 18, 2008

Cheap Ass Canes

Since the Canes did not make the playoffs, I was able to ask for a refund for the ticket I had already purchased. I made the request, and was surprised to receive a check in the mail (I had made a payment on my credit card and thought they would refund it). The check was for $10.00 less than the amount I paid. I reviewed the authorization form that I sent for permission to charge my card, and did not see anything about a refund fee. So, I contacted my ticket manager.

Karen is a lovely person. She kindly explained that the $10.00 was a handling fee for the tickets that were sent to me. I told her how much I appreciated her getting the refund for me so quickly, but I was objecting to the withholding of $10.00.

My feeling is that I did receive the tickets. However, those tickets are completely useless now. I was thinking of putting them on the wall as decorative streamers - that is all they are good for at this point. I told Karen that I held up my end of the deal. I went to all of the games and cheered as loudly as I could. I don't feel that it is right that I be penalized for the team's inability to make the playoffs. It doesn't seem like an appropriate way to treat season ticket holders.

I am awaiting a response. I have a feeling I will be getting my $10.00 left.

No comments: