Thursday, December 27, 2007

Workin' is for Chumps!

5 1/2 days off and now I am back to work. Thanks goodness I only work today and a 1/2 day tomorrow. This working thing stinks!

Here is a brief recap of our holiday:

December 21 - I worked a 1/2 day, and Bill came to pick me up. He finally got to see our offices and meet a few colleagues he had not met prior to this visit. We ate lunch, went to the bike store to get his Christmas present (new pedals and shoes), then the museum. It was so wonderful to see a special exhibit when there was no crowd. There was no pushing, little noise, and we could really appreciate the landscapes at our own pace. We finished the day with a stop at Big Boss for a beer, dinner at Tyler's, and home for a DVD (The Simpsons Movie).

December 22 - We went down to Southern Pines to help Bill's parents. Bill cleaned their gutters while his mom and I supervised. I can't even remember what we did after coming home. I think we watched The Sting.

December 23 - We hung out at home, but did take our sweet puppy Christmas shopping at Pet Smart. She loves going there and picked out some treats for herself. We sent the evening at a Christmas party with friends. When we got home, we watched The Bourne Ultimatum.

December 24 - The entire Morrison clan was together for the first time in 2 years when the crew came up to our place. We met our new nephew, Ryan, and had lunch with the family. It was a nice day to play with the kids and socialize. That evening, we watched Christmas Vacation.

December 25 - We got up and followed the Krueger family tradition. We opened our stockings first, then ate breakfast before opening the remainder of our gifts. I think Bill really enjoyed the gifts I got him and I know I love the gifts I received. I got 2 new ornaments for the tree (a high heeled shoe and a handbag), a book, a robe, and 2 special surprises. Bill gave me a box filled with rocks. I thought it was part of another gift, but Bill said I should check the entire box. At the bottom, I found a gift card for a hot stone massage. I can't wait to get that - I have always wanted to try it. Bill also upgraded my diamond earrings. I have been wearing them every day since Christmas. I got running gear from Dad, Bunny, and Jamie, and chick lit books from my best pal in California. We quickly dressed after opening our gifts, and headed to So. Pines once again. The kids were already hyped up when we arrived, but seeing more gifts made them even crazier. They really liked the cars we got them, and played with them the rest of the day. We had traditional turkey dinner, and just enjoyed family for the rest of the day. When we got home, we watched the first half of The Holiday (which I received with Harry Potter 5 and a gift card from my favorite store, Nordstrom, from my sister-in-law) and will watch the rest tonight.

December 26 - I got up at 6:00 am to go shopping. Bill thought I was crazy to be wasting a vacation day. I got to the mall at about 7:20. It was not too crowded, except for the hundreds of people waiting outside of Crate and Barrel. I bought some holiday things at Pottery Barn, gift wrap and stickers at Hallmark, 2 shirts at Banana Republic, and a few other odds and ends. I was out of there by 10:00. I went to Barnes & Noble to exchange 2 books, then to Target and lunch. I got to the other mall, but did not stay long as I was very tired. The shopping this year was not as good as I expected. I think the fact that it was raining did not help either. I headed home at about 1:30 pm. Bill came home about 4:30 and we headed to a nice dinner before seeing the stage play White Christmas. It was a very nice way to end the holiday.

I wonder what we will do for New Year's?

No comments: