Friday, December 14, 2007

Fraud finds us

Darn if I don't get a phone call this morning from our credit card company asking about suspicious charges. Three strange charges posted last night from a L4Hinc.com. I knew they were not mine, but Bill thought they could have been business related. I decided to check out the website to see what the company did. Well, it is adult websites. The company Bill purchased from was LADD.com. So, I had to call the credit card company back and confirm that the charges were fraudulent.

Our account was shut off immediately. I asked when I could expect my new credit cards with new account numbers, and was told 7-10 business days. That long at Christmas time!! I told the rep that would not work. Luckily, she was able to expedite the claim and I will get the cards on Monday. Of course, I have to be home to sign for the package between 8 am and noon. I will be using the 4 hours of comp time my boss just gave me so I can sit at home and wait for the cards. I guess I should not complain - I could be with out Visa for 10 days!!

No comments: