Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Jingle All the Way

On Saturday, Bill and I participated in the Jingle Bell Run in Raleigh. It was a 5K race benefiting the Arthritis Foundation. What a great day for the race! The temperature was cool, but not cold, and the skies were clear and filled with sunshine. Race participants were given jingle bells to tie to their shoes, and several runners were in holiday garb . I wore my red running shirt and had my Santa earrings as well as my jingle bells on. Santa Claus was even there to cheer for the runners. I guess it was the holiday atmosphere that got me running faster. I set a personal best for a 5K. I was pretty darn excited. I think it helped to have a few friends in the race, one who I kept pace with for the whole course. She really pushed me at the end and helped me to sprint for the finish. I am happy to say that we ended with the same official time.

What did we do to celebrate our great race? Go to the Sauce, of course, for a few celebratory beers.

2 comments:

Maggy said...

A wonderful event to help keep you in the holiday spirit. Fantastic that you did so well and that you had a buddy!

Way to go!

Lesley Looper said...

It WAS a fun race! Getting to run with you was motivating, to boot, and how cool that we finished at the same time! Congrats on the PR!