Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Bad Break is a Good thing


My day started with a bang. I was trying to place the sweet potato casserole I made for the company holiday potluck in the oven when I made an unfortunate shift. The glass lid of the Corning dish slipped off the top and shattered into about 200 pieces on the floor. I thought "Oh, great, that's how this day is going to be."


Well, I am pleased to say that was the worst part of my day. I arrived at work to find out that I had won a contest from the local newspaper. I will be receiving a copy of The Bourne Ultimatum on DVD. I should have it before the weekend.


My supervisor then asked if we could go over my one year evaluation (if is a little early, but I think she wanted to get it done prior to the holidays). It was the best review I have ever received. There are some places I need to continue to improve, but it was a very good review overall. I am so happy with my success at work, and I will be seeing a bump in my paycheck come January.


When I arrived back at my desk after the review, a Christmas present I purchased for Bill had arrived. I was so worried that it would not get here for Christmas, and it arrived with a week to spare.


We had our holiday potluck lunch, and everyone had a good time. The food was wonderful, the "Dirty Santa" gift exchange was fun. I got a DVD copy of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." I have never seen the movie all the way through, so I look forward to watching it soon.


After lunch, my supervisor gave us our Christmas gifts. She got me a 2008 calendar of 365 days of shoes. I love it!! It is so me. I can't wait to get to 2008 so I can begin looking at all of the glorious shoes! She gave me the perfect gift, and I am thrilled.


I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings...
PS - Don't you love Bumble Beer? My favorite holiday cartoon and my favorite beverage all in one!!

No comments: