Friday, December 21, 2007

Last Work Day Before Christmas!

Yeah!! Today is my last work day before Christmas. I am really lucky - my company closes for 3 days at Christmas, so we will be off December 24-26. I am taking a half day today. Bill is going to pick me up at 1:00 pm. I am excited for him to see our new offices and to see all of the decorations we have up. We will go to lunch, then a little Christmas shopping, and a trip to the art museum. I am ready to leave now.

It has been a great holiday season so far. My big boss gave us gifts this morning. We all received a beautiful holiday plate with a $10 gift card for Chick-fil-a. It was a very sweet gift, and one that will be used. I have been very lucky with the gifts I have received so far - I love them all. My office mate gave me a lovely pair of tiger eye earrings yesterday. It is not strictly about gifts, though. I just feel lighter and brighter during the holiday season. Everyone is cheery and in good moods. I love Christmas music and all the lights. It's like Scrooge says - I need to find a way to keep Christmas in my heart all year long. That sounds like a good goal for 2008 (among many others!).

2 comments:

Lesley Looper said...

Sounds like you had a good week last week! :) Cool gifts! Enjoy the week ahead as well. Merry Christmas, Susan!

Tinsie said...

I feel the same about the holidays! Hope you continue to have a good time all the way into the new year and beyond :-)