Wednesday, October 24, 2007

California Burning

I have been watching the coverage of the fires in California. I grew up in Southern California - I lived there from second grade to my sophomore year in high school. I really didn't think that the area where I grew up (and where I still have friends) was in danger, but I just checked out the interactive map on MSN, and the fire was closer than I thought. There was no mention of my specific town, luckily. I sent off a note to my girlfriend who is still there to see if she is OK. I hope to hear back from her soon. I have been getting e-mails from my friend who now lives in Long Beach. She is OK.

One side of the country is in a miserable drought, the other side is on fire.

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything you owned whether it be from a fire, a flood, a hurricane, or a tornado. Your house was there one minute, and gone a few minutes later. Bill and I have made a donation to the American Red Cross. If you would like to help, click here.

No comments: