Tuesday, October 12, 2010

End of the Season

I did my final scheduled triathlon this past Sunday. I was mostly pleased with my performance. I did really well in the swim and the bike, but I continue to have issues with the run after bike. I just can't get my legs back after biking for so long. I am not a fast runner to begin with, but it is even more difficult after biking.

I can't believe triathlon season is almost over. I do have the option of one more race. I keep thinking about it because I just think I am not ready for it to be over. I have really enjoyed the races I have done this year. I have had far more diversity this year than in the past. I have been able to reflect on the season a little bit and already have ideas for next year.

I want to continue to do the one mile swim events. I really do enjoy swimming and these events are just fun. After doing the final series event in August, I wished I have participated in the first three races. I plan to follow through on that plan in 2011. I also need more practice in my wetsuit. By participating in the first mile swim of the series, I think I should get the chance.

I really do like the sprint distance of triathlon, but I was not satisfied with my performance in the International distance. I missed my goal by a few minutes, and I know I can do better. I want to try the International or Olympic distance again in 2011.

I have improved on the bicycle, but there is room for more improvement. That means more and more riding. I would like to keep up our weekly long group rides, but I may also need to so a mid week ride. I have been receiving e-mails from a local women's riding group for months now, but have never joined them for a ride. I want to pursue that option this coming year.

My run is my worst event. On Sunday, I finished 137 out of 510 in the swim, 100 on the bike, but 355 on the run. If I could get my running to the level on the other events, I could really impact my overall finishes. I need to figure out how to make these improvements. I have a feeling it might start with practice, practice, practice!

So, I leave this season feeling good about what I have accomplished, but knowing that there is more work to be done. I have improved in 2010 over 2009, and I am looking forward to an even better year in 2011.

No comments: