Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Forgot one!!

I can't believe that I forgot this item on my travel list. It's a good one!

11. Chocolate for breakfast - Our innkeepers introduced us to this concept. One morning on the table was a box of dark chocolate sprinkles, like the kind you would put on an ice cream sundae. These sprinkles, however, are not for ice cream. They are for toast! Toast a piece of bread, spread butter or jelly on it, and top with chocolate. Brilliant!! Every day after that one, we enjoyed some form of chocolate with breakfast. As Martha would say, it's a good thing!

1 comment:

Tinsie said...

That's a very Dutch thing to do. As far as I know, the only Europeans who have chocolate sprinkles at the breakfast table are the Dutch (and Dutch-speaking Belgians). I blogged about it some time ago, after I visited a friend in Flanders.