Monday, June 08, 2009

Talking to a Nutritionist

Part of the welcome package at my new gym includes a 30 minute meeting with a nutritionist. I have never been to one before, so I gladly took advantage of the opportunity.

It was a really great session. We talked about my normal daily diet and my exercise levels, then talked about ways to change my diet to make it more nutritionally sound. I got some great pointers. She told me to add milk to my morning routine. For some weird reason, I eat my cereal dry. She pointed out that adding milk, a protein, would help me feel fuller through the morning. Since I was not getting enough dairy in my diet, it was the perfect fit.

Another great tip is to add protein to the afternoon snack. I usually eat fruit or veggies in the afternoon, but am still hungry by the time I leave work. She pointed out that I should have peanut butter, hummus, cheese, or some nuts (except macadamias) with my snack to feel more full.

We also went over portion control and being sure to have veggies and/or salads with dinner.

It was a really great session. I felt like I learned lots of good tips. I am so glad that our gym is really a wellness center and that we get these extra benefits to help us feel the best we can. I have my last session, the health evaluation, coming up soon.

No comments: