Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am such a slacker

I have not been very good at updating my blog lately. It just seems that so much is going on these days with work and personal life. There just doesn't seem to be time for everything, and my blog has been suffering. I decided the heck with it - I will take a few moments to update it today.

It is hard to remember where I left off, so I am just going to start with this past weekend. It was another good one. We are so very lucky to have such great friends in our lives. We were able to relax and watch a movie Friday night at home with our pups to get ready for the weekend ahead. On Saturday, The Junior League held their annual Holiday Market. My good friend, Rebecca, and her friend Laura joined me again this year for the event. We each found something cute for a holiday present for a loved one. After the market, we all went to Chapel Hill (Laura's college stomping grounds) for a nice lunch and a walk around downtown Chapel Hill. After I left them, I went shopping on my own, something I haven't done in a very long time. That evening, we went to our wonderful neighbor's house for a evening of drinking and games. It was so much fun, and I really hope we get to do it again soon.

Sunday was a race day. Bill and I both ran in the Old Reliable 10K in Raleigh. It was the 25th running of this race. We had always wanted to do it. What made it even better was that several friends were running as well. After a 20 minute delayed start t move the timing mats, we were off. It was another hilly Raleigh run. Bill did very well finishing the 6.2 mile course in 54 minutes. He was very happy. I finished in an expected 1:19, but was disappointed that I was so close to last. Still, the disappointment didn't last that long as we all headed over to the Flying Saucer for post race drinks.

Monday was Monday. Tuesday was better as we were all at our fall team meeting. All of our employees from around the country are in town. Since we are all together, it is also time for our holiday party. Last night, we went to the Angus Barn for a wonderful dinner in The Pavilions. It was lovely and the food was wonderful. Our chef was none other than Chef Walter Royal. Some of you may know him from his appearance on Iron Chef America. To this day, he still holds the highest score from a competitor on that show. He made us a special dessert - his grandma's apple cobbler cooked in a dutch oven over an open fire. It was as good as it sounds. After dinner, we all danced the night away to the sounds of the DJ. Almost everyone got out on the dance floor to shake their booty at least once. It was just a fantastic night.

Well, that's my update. I hope (but can't promise!) that I will be able to update more soon.

No comments: