Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lucky Girl

I am a very lucky girl. I had an absolutely wonderful Christmas this year. My sweet husband did his very best (and succeeded) to make it a wonderful holiday. He got up some time in the middle of the night and turned on all of the Christmas lights downstairs so I would see them first thing in the morning. He also got me everything I had on my wish list, plus a few surprises. One of the sweetest surprises was a DVD of the movie Eloise. He bought it for me because he knows the book Eloise at Christmastime is very special to me since it was a book I read at my grandparents house every year over the holidays. I was so very touched by his gift.

I am also lucky because I have the ability to spoil my husband, friends, and family at Christmas. I enjoy picking out gifts for people, and I am glad that I don't have to worry about a particular budget for gift giving. We had a great Christmas afternoon with Bill's family. It was fun to see the nephews with their gifts, and I think my sisters-in-law (we drew their names in our annual gift exchange) enjoyed their gifts as well. We all shared a lovely meal together and just enjoyed the wonderful, albeit rainy, day.

I have also had a streak of luck lately. I won free passes to see the movie Sherlock Holmes. Bill and I went to see it last night. It was pretty good. I think Robert Downey, Jr., is a wonderful actor, and I really like both Jude Law and Rachel McAdams. I also won a contest for a DVD giveaway on Christmas Eve. I had been entering the contests all week (there was a different giveaway each day), but the one I really wanted was on the last day. I won it! It is the complete first season of the TV show The Mentalist. I have heard it is a good show, and I look forward to checking it out. Now, it I could only keep the lucky streak going and win the lottery...that would be a great way to start 2010!

No comments: